Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 29th


It snowed today--a typical spring event in Idaho. We have not dared to plant the garden yet; hopefully in another week or two.

Jessica is doing well. Here is a paragraph from here latest letter:

Well, I can tell that you are curious as to what I am doing. I was in the W. Woodruff house, but the way the schedual works is that we are in a different assignment every day from 11 to 5. the morning we usually do studies and a combined preparation meeting with the oldies (whom I LOVE by the way) and then we get to work. If we are serving in a house or an actual site like the postoffice, print shop, bakery, etc, then we will wear our pioneer dresses. A white apron with the houses, and a colored apron for all the other sites. However, instead of serving in a site, we may be assigned to work at the NVC, or the Nauvoo Visitor Center. We wear regular proselyting clothes there and work from 11 to 5 as well. Those hours won't stay though. In a week or something the summer hours will start kicking in and the sites and NVC will be open from 9 to 7...to accomidate for the hoards of people that will start coming through here. So far, the sites that I have served in are W. Woodruff twice, the 70's hall, John Taylor, and Heber C. Kimball. We also have a day of the week that we have a service prodject all day with Nauvoo Restoration Inc.. I really like those days because we are able to do some great ol' manual labor. This week I was able to test out my skills with some dremel tools...it was AWESOME!!!

No comments: